Not all alternative evidence is created equal. While digital underwriting in an era of pandemic has become common, there are things you should know about speed, cost, and quality of alternative evidence – as well as what the future is likely to hold.
Jackie Waas, Vice President, Underwriting Research & Development for RGA describes what alternative evidence is and why it’s important, and then goes on to address five key questions:
- Is all alternative evidence equal?
- What is the variability in formatting?
- What is misunderstood about the value of alternative evidence?
- Should underwriters view alternative evidence as a stopgap for the pandemic?
- What is the value of medical history and how can digital health data provide it?