The forum covers the following topics:
- Introduction and overview of the work of the Demography Committee (Caroline Twomey)
- Update from the CMI (Matthew Edwards, CMI Executive): Matthew will discuss recent CMI work on developments in UK mortality and improvements.
- Seasonal Mortality at Older Ages and the Implications for Mortality and Longevity Risk (Mary Hall DCU and Linda Daly UCC)
- Impact of COVID-19 on health including cancer screening (Professor Patricia Fitzpatrick UCD, epidemiologist)
- Excess mortality during the COVID-19 pandemic (Members of the SAI’s Excess Mortality sub-group)
- Public Health Risks post COVID and the outlook for future Pandemics (Dr. Richard Braun, SCOR Global Life Americas)