We’re about two years into SAM and the dust has settled with many life insurers finding a steady rhythm of submitting regulatory returns. The industry now has an opportunity to improve beyond just reporting efficiently and in this presentation we will explore capital optimisation within the SAM regime.
We will look at everything from modelling optionality in the Prudential Standards (e.g. illiquidity premium and iterative risk margin calculation) and reinsurance structures (e.g. mass lapse reinsurance), all the way to more sophisticated corporate finance solutions (subordinated debt and letters of guarantee). We will consider the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches, learnings from Europe, as well as the products and circumstances where they provide the greatest benefit.
The presenters will be supplemented by a panel consisting of seasoned insurance practitioners, with practical capital optimisation experience across all of these aspects.
1) Gain an overview of capital optimisation approaches available to life insurers
2) Understand the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches
3) Develop more detailed knowledge of selected approaches
4) Learn what worked and what didn’t work in Europe’s Solvency II regime
5) Insight from panel discussion including BSM and reinsurance experts, plus an opportunity for questions